(A)musings

Monday, October 02, 2006

No, I'm Actually Not Dead

As the title says, reports of my death have, in fact, been greatly exaggerated. I'd like to say that I've been totally swamped with homework, readings, and paid employment but I'm really just a lazy ass. That said, I figured I should make a new post before I lose contact entirely with the outside world.

With the start of a new year, new classes always present new challenges. My first challenge of the year: Staying awake in Art History 101. It's terribly embarrassing for me, in my 6th year of Undergrad (who knew I'd be a professional student?) to still be taking introductory level classes, but I thought that the artistic area of my intellect (if that's possible...) was seriously lacking. Seing as Art History is still artistic enough to be in the FAB building (I know that's redundant, but it's still funny) yet cerebral enough to appeal to me, I thought it would be a perfect class. Unfortunately, the class is held in a room where the temperature is held at a soporifically warm 25 degrees and the lights are dimmed to the bare minimum for writing notes, which means that I spend approximately the first 20 minutes of an 80 minute lecture dozing and writing incoherent notes. Needless to say, I'm learning more from reading the family-bible-sized textbook than from attending lectures.

Now a new feature here at Dan's blog, the "Nifty Sight of the Day." Today's nifty sight: A dump-truck broken through a hole in the Asphalt. I guess you had to be there...

Finally, a note to all my faithful readers in Saskatoon. I'm going to be gracing you (haha) with my presence this weekend (Friday 6th to Monday the 9th). Bring on the Party!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home